Saturday, September 5, 2009

When in Rome...



What a cliche way of starting my blog, yes i'm that 20 year old american girl studying abroad just like everyone else you know...but I really can't think of any other way to describe my first week here.

It's been a crazy little experience, I've always been the type to want to expand my boundaries and be the person who can jump without looking down. But that's not me. I've been missing all the certainties I have in Boston, the comfort of my family and friends in Saratoga, and wondering if some of the decisions I've made coming into this semester were the right ones.

Waiting at JFK for my flight was one of the most nerve wracking experiences...being told to go to three different terminals in 30 minutes...staying cool under stress is a definite goal for the next 4 months.

Our first night here was wednesday the 2nd and it was a day/night to remember...landing, finding our adorable apartment, unpacking...we did dinner and wine (which at this point has just become 3 red and 3 white for the table), outdoor italian bar in Trastevere, then an amazing club by the river...which could only be described with "when in rome"

I've barely scratched the surface of this city...and I can't wait to see where it leads me.

2 comments:

  1. Oktoberfest looked/sounded (read) UNREAL. I am ridicilously jealous/understand how German I really am.

    Ok, now come home.

    ReplyDelete

Followers